Group stages Etc
Hit Counter: 32,153
MK Wanderers FC 7-A-Side Tournament 4th and 5th September 2021 Tournament Rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU AND YOUR TEAM ARE CONVERSANT WITH THE RULES.
1) All players must be 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,15 and 16 on or after 31st August 2020 (2021/22 Season age group).
2) Each team will consist of seven players (except for the Under 7 and Under 8 sections – see below) one of which one must be the goalkeeper, plus up to 4 substitutes, all and continuous substitutions may be made, during a break in play and with the referee's permission.
3) In accordance with the FA guidelines on age ranges and team sizes for Under 7’s and 8’s this section will play 5-aside, one of which must be the goalkeeper, plus up to 4 substitutes.
4) Up to two guest players may be included in a squad.
5) No Academy Players that have been signed too or played for an Academy team for the previous season if they have signed for the up-and-coming season and their contract starts after the tournament date they are permitted to participate in the tournament.
6) There will be no offside.
7) In the event of a colour clash, the first team named will change their strip.
8) All team managers will register their players at least thirty minutes before the first fixture, by ensuring their completed Player Registration Form is completed online.
9) All fixtures in the group stages will be ten minutes straight play unless otherwise advised.
10) semi-finals will be five minutes each way and the finals will be seven minutes each way.
11) To save time between matches the first named team will have a choice of ends and the second named team will have kick off. The winning team will be responsible for notifying Event Control of the result at the end of each match. If the match is drawn the first named team will be responsible for this.
12) Qualified referees will be provided, and their decision shall be final. Match balls will be provided.
13) The rules of the Football Association will apply except when amended herein. For all free kicks, the opposing players shall stand five yards from the ball.
14) Goal kicks will be taken from the goal line, except at Under 7, 8, 9 and 10 where they can be taken from the edge of the goal area. In accordance with Law
15) 16 of the FA rules for small, sided games at Under 7, 8, 9 and 10 opponents must retreat to their own half until the ball is in play. The defending team does not have to wait for the opposition to retreat and has the option to restart the game before should they choose to. The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
16) For Under 7, 8, 9 and 10 age group fixtures, the goalkeeper may kick the ball from hand.
17) In all other age groups, the goalkeeper shall roll the ball out under arm -the ball must not travel higher than waist high of the goalkeeper releasing the ball. For any infringement of this rule then an indirect free kick will be awarded to the attacking team on the edge of the goal area.
18) A goalkeeper may not pick up the ball from a teammate back pass or throw in. This action will result in an indirect free kick awarded to the attacking team at the point where the goalkeeper picked up the ball.
19) All fixtures to kick-off at appointed time. Both teams will be responsible for supplying a linesman if required by the referee.
20) All age groups will be run on a league basis followed by Cup / Plate knockout competitions.
21) Individual medals will be given to both the winners and runners up. With the winning team also presented with a trophy.
22) A goal cannot be scored direct from kick-off, a goal kick, an indirect free kick or a throw-in.
23) Any team failing to fulfil a fixture will forfeit 3 points. The score will be recorded as 0-0. Any team found manipulating this rule will be disqualified.
24) In the competitive group stages, each team will play each other once. Points will be awarded as follows:
a) Three points awarded for a win.
b) One point awarded for a draw.
If teams are equal on points in their league, then the team with the better goal difference will qualify.
If goal difference is the same, then the most goals scored will count.
If the number of goals scored is the same, then the result of the "head-to-head" fixture will determine the league position of the clubs concerned.
If still level the teams involved will take part in a penalty shootout. (See rule 22).
25) If the result of the semi or final is a draw, then a penalty shootout will take place. (See rule 22).
26) Penalty shoot-out – Both teams will remain in an orderly manner around the centre spot.
Only the manager and coach may join them.
Both squad sizes must be the same. Should the squad sizes be uneven the manager of the larger squad must nominate the player(s) to be excluded before the shootout starts.
Five penalties per team will be taken.
If the result is a draw, then an additional penalty per team until a result is reached (sudden death).
All players in the squad, excluding any sent off, suspended, or withdrawn, must take a penalty kick before any player may take a second penalty kick.
27) MISCONDUCT – ANY PLAYER CAUTIONED WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE INELIGIBLE FOR HIS OR HER NEXT MATCH. ANY PLAYER WHO IS SENT OFF OR RECEIVES A SECOND CAUTION WILL TAKE NO FURTHER PART IN THE TOURNAMENT.
28) ANY MISCONDUCT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE RELEVANT FOOTBALL ASSOCIATIONS.
29) THE REFEREE OR THE ORGANISERS WILL CAUTION ANY PLAYER OR SPECTATOR USING FOUL OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE OR ARGUING WITH THE REFEREE. IF THIS PERSISTS THEN THE TEAM MANAGER WILL BE ASKED TO WITHDRAW THE ASSOCIATED PLAYER, ASK THE SPECTATOR TO REMOVE HIMSELF FROM THE PLAYING AREA, OR THE TEAM WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT.
30) ANY DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY THE COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE WHOSE DECISION WILL BE FINAL.
Please ensure that all your players are wearing shin guards and have suitable footwear for the playing conditions. Any jewellery should be removed prior to a player taking the field of play.
All spectators and parents must remain behind the roped off areas of the pitches.
Only the manager and substitutes of the teams CURRENTLY PLAYING are allowed in the roped off area.
Tournament Rules PDF - Download / Open